Did you know that 100,000 recycled printer cartridges can save 40 tons of plastic and 1,000,000 liters of oil? Individually, it would be hard for anyone to recycle that many cartridges, but together we can. As they say, one small action can make a world of a difference. In honor of Earth Day, we’ve rounded up five online places to send your used printer cartridges for recycling.
List Of Online Places to Recycle Ink or Toner Cartridges In The United States
These places below accept ink or toner cartridges for recycling, at no cost to you (they’ll pay for your shipping labels). Some of these organizations will even pay cash for your cartridges (often for original manufactured ones).
- Milner: Accepts all ink and toner cartridges (both OEM and remanufactured). They stand by “we recycle any cartridge, regardless of manufacturer, with a zero-landfill” policy. Compensation for cartridges is not given out, though, if that is something you are looking for.
- Planet Green Recycle: Accepts all ink cartridges (“regardless of make, model or condition”), but not toner cartridges. They give compensation only for “Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ink cartridges that are in good condition and can be remanufactured.
- Ink Recycling: Accepts ink cartridges (both OEM and remanufactured), but not toner cartridges. Only will give cash back for OEM cartridges.
- US Recycling: Accepts most ink and toner cartridges (both OEM and remanufactured). Has a program for schools, non-profits, and businesses as well.
- Funding Factory: A great option for schools and non-profit organizations to help raise money. Accepts ink and toner cartridges from their qualifying list. These items must be undamaged and not previously remanufactured.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any other favorite places to send your used ink or toner cartridges for recycling.