We’re not very far into 2015 so one may think that it is a little premature to look at the best printers of the year; that this post for the best printer reviews for 2015 is a bit early. But actually, there are some rather exciting things going on in the printer space right now; particularly the 3D printer space! So we thought to do a roundup of what is new and exciting in printing right now.
Current Impact & Uses of 3D Printers
It is a little amazing that we can actually buy a species of 3D printer right now from Amazon: the 3Doodler 3D Printing Pen with 50 Strands of Plastic, lets you ‘draw’ 3D objects in the air. The pen comes bundled with printing filament in different colors. Check out this video to see what the 3Doodler can do. This is a product you can order off the net right now:
The Ultimaker is a 3 D printer that you can pre-order in March and which will actually be available in April of this year. The device will enable 3D printing using hi-definition technology. The product was adjudged the best consumer product at the 3D Printshow Global Awards last year.
|How ChefJet Pro 3D Printed Food Looks Like (via FastCoDesign)|
And then there is the chocolate 3d printer! Kid you not; the CocoJetTM chocolate 3D printer is developed along with The Hershey Company and will let consumers customize and personalize their chocolate in new and exciting ways.
ChefJet Pro is food printer that is equipped with intuitive, chef-friendly Digital Cookbook software and makes it possible for consumers to ‘print’ edible 3D printed candies and décor.
Voxel8 is the world’s First Electronics Printer. This hybrid machine will be able to print both plastic and conductive ink. Current 3D printers are restricted by the fact that they can only print using thermoplastics or UV resins. However Voxel8’s new printing platform and ability to use other functional materials greatly expands its scope.
Now if all that sounds too much like Sci-Fi, let’s look at what some of the top technology review site is saying about printers available in 2015: features, specs and prices.
CNET Best Printer Picks
- The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus all-in-one is voted as the best multifunction workhorse by CNET, ideal for homes, offices and photo printing as well.
- The Epson WorkForce 845 is recommended because of its great design and its cloud printing functions.
- In the “Small-in-One” category of printers it is the Epson NX430 that makes the list because of its compact size and economic pricing.
- The Oki B431DN is the pick of laser printers for the year 2015 according to CNET. This monochrome laser printer has rapid output speed and high print quality and is well worth the price you would pay for it.
- HP LaserJet Pro P1606 is a monochrome printer, a high performance, low priced model for homes as well as offices.
- HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf is the cheapest monochrome multifunction laser printer from HP which makes it great value for money. Its Smart Install feature is a plus.
- Brother HL-2270DW is a very economical high output black and white laser printer device that scores on efficiency and compact size.
- Samsung SL-M2020W is another highly competent laser printer that scores high in terms of economy, costing as little as $65 to buy.
So are you in the market for a new printer? Comment below on what your research says; which printer caught your eye recently and why. You could also share your ideas by connecting to our Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest pages. And if you’d like to know about more such informative posts or discounted ink cartridges, subscribe to our newsletter.