Canon MX490 Ink Cartridges
The Canon Pixma MX490 printer is an affordable and versatile device that fits well in any home or office. Its all-in-one capability lets you print, scan, copy, and fax from a single device, saving you time and money on specialized printers. You can print, and even scan, without being next to the device. With the free PPS app, you can scan and even print on the go with Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print options. A Canon Pixma MX490 review by CNET gives further detail into the pros and cons of this device to help you decide if it's the right one for you.
Canon MX490 Ink Cartridges - Combo Pack
Canon MX490 Ink Cartridges - Single Pack
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup
Before you can start using your Canon MX490 printer, you'll need to get it set up. Below, we've linked some helpful guides for setting up your MX490.
- Wireless Setup on Windows Computers
- Wireless Setup on Mac Computers
- Wireless Setup on Android Tablets and Smartphones
- Wireless Setup on iOS Devices (iPad, iPhone)
- Setting up the printer
- Cableless Setup with a Mac
- Cableless Setup with a Windows® Computer
- Cableless Setup with an Android™ device
- Cableless Setup with an iOS device
- WiFi Protected Setup on a Mac
- WiFi Protected Setup with a Windows® Computer
- Standard Setup on a Mac
- Standard Setup on a Windows® Computer
Canon Pixma MX490 USB Cable Setup
Learn how to set up your Canon MX490 using a USB cable.
Canon Pixma MX490 Fax Setup
Set up the fax function on your Canon MX490 with these easy steps:
- Make sure that the machine is turned on.
- Press the Setup button. The Setup menu screen is displayed.
- Use the ◀ ▶ LEFTRIGHT button to select Fax settings, then press the OK button.
- Use the ◀ ▶ LEFTRIGHT button to select FAX user settings, then press the OK button.
- Use the ◀ ▶ LEFTRIGHT button to select Telephone line type, then press the OK button.
- Use the ◀ ▶ LEFTRIGHT button to select a telephone line type, then press the OK button.
- Rotary pulse: Select when your telephone line type is pulse dialing.
- Touch tone: Select when your telephone line type is tone dialing.
- Press the FAX button to return to the Fax standby screen.
- Note: The * (asterisk) on the LCD indicates the current setting.
For more faxing related tips, see Canon Faxing Manual.
Canon Pixma MX490 How to Scan
Having some trouble with your printer? Check out these helpful guides below to troubleshoot various issues with the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- How to Scan: IJ Scan Utility Overview
- How to Scan: Loading Originals
- How to Scan: Operation Panel
- How to Scan: Scan to Windows® PC
- How to Scan: Scan to Mac
- How to Scan: Scanning a Document
- How to Scan: Scanning a Photo
- Setting the paper
Canon Pixma MX490 Troubleshooting Tips
Here you'll find some common errors that may occur in your Canon Pixma MX490 printer and their resolution.
- Uneven printing, Faint Printing
- Removing a jammed paper: inside the printer
- Removing a jammed paper: Paper Output Slot
- Removing a jammed paper: Paper Feed Unit
- Printing shifts from the correct position
Canon Printer Ink Compatibility Chart
Download this PDF to see Canon's Printer Ink Compatibility Chart.
Canon Pixma MX490 App
Here are several avaiable applications that may be compatible with your Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
Canon Pixma MX490 Manual PDF
Canon MX490 Driver Downloads
Keeping your Canon MX490's drivers up to date will keep it working in proper order. You can download the latest drivers from Canon's website.
Canon MX490 How to Install Ink Cartridges Video
It's important to make sure your cartridges are being installed into your Canon MX490 properly to avoid any issues. Check out our handy video that shows you how to properly install a new cartridge.Canon Pixma MX490 | How to Install Ink Cartridges