Canon PIXMA MX490 Ink Replacement
The Canon PIXMA MX490 printer features printing, scanning, copying, and faxing and shines as a budget-friendly printer for homes and students. The models of Canon MX490 ink cartridges that are compatible with this printer are Canon 245 ink and Canon 246 ink cartridges or their high-yield version Canon 245XL ink and Canon 246XL ink. Printing requires two Canon PIXMA MX490 ink replacement cartridges: 1 black and 1 color. Each yields 180 pages (standard yield) or 300 pages (high yield) at a stunning resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi with this printer model's print speeds reaching up to 8.8 impressions per minute.
Among our Canon PIXMA MX490 ink cartridges, you'll find replacement singles as well as combo packs that can fit just about any budget, making them a smart alternative to an OEM Canon cartridge. We also let you create your own custom combo packs with our Build a Combo feature so you can get exactly the Canon PIXMA MX490 ink cartridges you need.
To find help with setting up or troubleshooting your Canon MX490 printer, click this Canon PIXMA MX490 Guides and FAQs to find easy-to-read guides written by our printer professionals with great articles like Canon MX490 wireless setup as well as links to download Canon MX490 driver and access the Canon MX490 manual.
Canon PIXMA MX490 Ink Replacement - Combo Pack
Canon PIXMA MX490 Ink Replacement - Single Pack
How to Replace Canon PIXMA MX490 Ink Cartridge
Low on ink? We've got you covered! Follow these steps below to replace your Canon PIXMA MX490 ink cartridge.
- Verify that your printer is powered on.
- Open the front cover of the printer by pulling it downwards. This is found under the Canon MX490 scanner.
- Open the paper output tray revealing the FINE cartridge holder. The FINE cartridge holder will completely stop once it is in replacement position.
- Press down on the cartridge you would like to replace until you hear a click.
- Remove cartridge and carefully discard
- Remove replacement ink cartridge from packaging
- Remove the protective tape and make sure NOT to touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzle on the ink cartridge.
- Insert the FINE cartridge into the cartridge holder . You will hear a click once it is properly in its allocated slot. The color cartridge will go on the left side and the black ink cartridge will go on the right side. The printer is unable to print unless both the color and black ink cartridges are installed.
- Close the paper output tray
- The print head will start its cleaning process. This may take about 1-2 minutes. The printer screen will read "Cleaning".
- Once the printer screen message reads "Register the information [OK] Next," you're all set and ready to start printing!
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my Canon MX490 printer not printing?
Try these troubleshooting tips:
- Verify that your printer is powered on and then press the "ON" button to turn on your Canon MX490 printer.
- Check to see if your Canon PIXMA MX490 printer is connected to your computer properly.
- Verify that the access point mode is enabled.
- Open the paper output tray on your printer.
- Make sure that the paper settings are identical with those registered to the cassette.
- How do I reset my Canon MX490 printer?
Press the following buttons in order to reset your Canon MX490 printer:
Setup > right arrow until "Device" setting appear > OK > right arrow until "Reset" setting appear > OK >right arrow until "LAN" setting appear > OK > left arrow to select "YES" > OK
- How do I connect my Canon PIXMA MX490 printer to WIFI?
- Turn on your Canon PIXMA MX490 printer.
- Press the "Setup" button.
- Select the "Wireless LAN setup" using the right and left arrow buttons, then press "OK"
- Choose the method that coressponds to the screen displayed on your printer, whether it WPS, WPS PIN code Method, or Cableless.
- Why does my printer say another computer is using it?
Here is a list of possible reasons why your printer is saying that another computer is using it. Hope these help!
- Check for Windows updates
- Restart Print Spooler service
- Full power cycle
- Update printer driver
- Scan your system for errors
- Set your Canon MX490 printer as your default printer