HP DeskJet 2540 Ink Cartridge
This is the HP DeskJet 2540 printer. It's an exceptional device best suited for low-volume photo printing but will still work well printing other documents. As well as printing, it features copying and scanning with printing speeds reaching up to 19 ppm. The required HP DeskJet 2540 ink cartridge replacements are HP 61 ink and high-yield HP 61XL ink. A full set includes only black and color HP 2540 printer ink. Each of our HP 2540 ink cartridge will yield about 300 pages, and with them, the HP DeskJet 2540 will produce vibrant print resolutions of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi.
Our compatible HP DeskJet 2540 cartridge and ink refill are affordably priced to fit any budget, and you can buy more and save more when you purchase an HP 2540 cartridge combo in packs of two, three, or five. Or, you can create your very own HP 61 ink cartridge combo pack as well as other brands and models using our Build a Combo tool to get exactly what you need.
Having trouble with your HP DeskJet 2540 printer ink or experiencing an error with your printer detecting our HP 2540 printer cartridge? Check out our list of helpful HP DeskJet 2540 Guides and FAQs written by our very own printer experts to get started troubleshooting and get back to printing.
HP DeskJet 2540 Ink Cartridge - Combo Pack
HP DeskJet 2540 Ink Cartridge - Single Pack
How to Replace HP DeskJet 2540 Series Ink Cartridge
Need help changing your replacement ink for HP 2540 DeskJet? Check out these easy steps below.
- Make sure your printer is powered on.
- Open the cover access door to the ink cartridge holder. The carriage will move to the center of the printer.
- Once the printer is silent and idle before continuing.
- To release the ink cartridges, press down on the cartridge. Remove the cartridge by gently pulling it out of its slot.
- Remove the packaging from your new replacement ink cartridge and remove the plastic tap.
- Insert the replacement ink cartridge into its allocated slot holding it by its sides, as to not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Push down on the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Close the cover access door and you're all set to start printing!
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I reset my HP DeskJet 2540 printer?
Hold the "wireless" button and "Cancel" button from your printer control panel at the same time for 5 seconds and release.
- How do I load photo paper into my HP printer?
- Open the door to the paper tray and pull it out.
- Adjust the paper width guides by sliding them to their outermost positions.
- With the short edge facing towards the printer and print side down, load the stack if photo paper into the tray. Remember to push the stack of photo paper into the tray until it stops.
- Adjust the paper width guides by sliding them until they rest against the edges of the photo paper.
- Close the tray and open the paper tray extender
- How do I connect my HP DeskJet 2540 to WiFi?
Having issues connecting your printer to WiFi? Try a couple of these troubleshooting steps:
- Uninstall the HP driver and software.
- Reinstall the HP driver and software
- Trouble shoot your printer connection by checking connection through a wireless let work and USB connection.
For more troubleshooting tips, visit HP DeskJet 2540 All-in-One Printer FAQ & Guides. HP DeskJet 2540 usb connection and other useful tips like how to set up HP DeskJet 2540 wireless setup can be found here.