How to Install Cartridge
Canon MX492 Ink Cartridges
Canon MX492 Ink Cartridges - Combo Pack
Canon MX492 Ink Cartridges - Single Pack
How to Replace Canon MX492 Ink Cartridge
Low on ink? We've got you covered! Follow these steps below to replace your Canon MX492 compatible ink cartridge.
- Verify that your printer is powered on.
- Open the front cover of the printer by pulling it downwards. This is found under the Canon MX492 scanner.
- Open the paper output tray revealing the FINE cartridge holder. The FINE cartridge holder will completely stop once it is in replacement position.
- Press down on the cartridge you would like to replace until you hear a click.
- Remove cartridge and carefully discard
- Remove replacement ink cartridge from packaging
- Remove the protective tape and make sure NOT to touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzle on the ink cartridge.
- Insert the FINE cartridge into the cartridge holder . You will hear a click once it is properly in its allocated slot. The color cartridge will go on the left side and the black ink cartridge will go on the right side. The printer is unable to print unless both the color and black ink cartridges are installed.
- Close the paper output tray
- The print head will start its cleaning process. This may take about 1-2 minutes. The printer screen will read "Cleaning".
- Once the printer screen message reads "Register the information [OK] Next," you're all set and ready to start printing!
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my Canon MX492 printer not printing?
Try these troubleshooting tips:
- Verify that your printer is powered on and then press the "ON" button to turn on your Canon MX492 printer.
- Check to see if your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer is connected to your computer properly.
- Verify that the access point mode is enabled.
- Open the paper output tray on your printer.
- Make sure that the paper settings are identical with those registered to the cassette.
- How do I reset my Canon MX492 printer?
Press the following buttons in order to reset your Canon MX492 printer:
Setup > right arrow until "Device" setting appear > OK > right arrow until "Reset" setting appear > OK >right arrow until "LAN" setting appear > OK > left arrow to select "YES" > OK
- How do I connect my Canon PIXMA MX492 printer to WIFI?
- Turn on your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer.
- Press the "Setup" button.
- Select the "Wireless LAN setup" using the right and left arrow buttons, then press "OK"
- Choose the method that coressponds to the screen displayed on your printer, whether it WPS, WPS PIN code Method, or Cableless.
- Why does my printer say another computer is using it?
Here is a list of possible reasons why your printer is saying that another computer is using it. Hope these help!
- Check for Windows updates
- Restart Print Spooler service
- Full power cycle
- Update printer driver
- Scan your system for errors
- Set your Canon MX492 printer as your default printer
For more troubleshooting tips, visit the overview of the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer page, FAQ & Guides USA Official page.