HP 950XL/951XL Cartridge Protection
On the printer
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
- On the printer control panel, touch the right arrow and then choose Setup.
- Select Preferences and then select Cartridge Chip Information.
- Touch OK to turn off usage information collection.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100
- On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless and Resume buttons.
- The ink supply icons will blink four times.
- Press and hold the Wireless and Resume buttons again to turn usage information collection back on.
On the computer (see image below)
- The HP Officejet 8100 and 8600 printers have a cartridge protection feature. There is a tab named ‘HP Cartridge Protection’ in the toolbox, where you can choose if you want to enable or disable this function. The default setting here is enabled, which results in the cartridges only working in this particular printer. If you install the cartridges treated with this protection feature in another printer, they will not work, and a message pops up.