Help Center - Printer not recognizing cartridge (Includes most Brother, Canon, Epson, and Xerox models)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, we are currently not accepting walk-ins or in person order pickups.
Printer not recognizing cartridge (Includes most Brother, Canon, Epson, and Xerox models)
- Make sure that you have removed the foil or plastic strip covering the vent hole.
- Also, make sure that the cartridge you purchased is the correct one for your printer.
- Make sure that the printer cable (from printer to PC) is not loose.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Gently wipe the cartridge's computer chip with a cloth or paper towel. You may clean the copper part and the contact points with rubbing alcohol.
- Power OFF the printer for 15 minutes
- Power ON the printer and reinstall the cartridge(s).
- Reset the printer to the factory's default configuration.
- If it is still not working, please reinstall the CD, printer software, and driver on your computer again.
Need More Assistance?
7 days a week, 1-833-786-1266
Email Us Contact Us
Messages are answered in 1-2 business days