Printer not recognizing cartridge (Includes most Dell, HP, Lexmark, and Sharp models)
- Ensure that the tape covering the printhead is removed.
- Take out the cartridge, turn off the printer, and unplug the power cord and other cables. Please wait 15 minutes and plug in the printer, turn it back on, and reload the cartridges.
- (While the cartridge is out of the printer) Gently wipe cartridge printhead and circuitry with a nonabrasive towel to ensure there is no debris. Cleaning the copper part and the contact points with alcohol can work very effectively as well.
- Reset the printer to the factory's default configuration.
- If it is still not working, please reinstall the CD, printer software, and driver on your computer.